Thursday, September 15, 2011

Missoni: Obsessed.

For those of you who know me personally probably haven't heard me stop talking about the Missoni for Target collection that launched on Tuesday.  I found the lookbook online a few weeks ago and totally fell in love--it's breathtaking in every way possible. From the socks, to the dresses, the totes, the scarfs, bedding, the luggage and the to die for shoes...I could go on and on!
But, to my suprise...I was in NYC last week for my birthday/fashion week/a little business trip (more about that in a later post!) with one of my best friends and low and behold sitting right there on a corner near Times Square was a pop up Missoni for Target store. I had passed it Wednesday and it didn't open until Thursday (which was Fashion's Night Out).  I knew it would be a huge commotion and lines out of this world, so we didn't bother to get there in time. But, when we were walking down into Times Square Thursday evening to do some FNO shopping, around 8:30 there was a line at least 3 blocks down, plus around a whole avenue, security everywhere--it was INSANE.  I later learned that the store was stocked for a 3 day sale--and it sold out completely in six hours. Below is a picture i snagged of the store--sorry for the bad (blackberry) quality! It had killer windows and displays--
 A taste of what I purchased at my Target (pictured below!) a "media box" whatever that means--ha! I will be using it to spice up my desk, a sweater box that I am transferring into a memory box, a tote that I am currently using as my purse, and a notebook (couldn't find a picture!). I'm bummed they didn't have much left when I got there after class around 10:30AM, but the new shipments should be in soon, or at least I keep telling myself that. I am dying for an online exclusive bedspread! Please tell me it isn't AMAZING!?


    
What do you guys love from the collection? I want to know what you purchased!

xoxoxo--

No comments:

Post a Comment